05 July 2011

Happy July!


Freedom is the oxygen of the soul.
- Moshe Dayan

Hope yours was a happy 4th of July! Ours included a parade, several rousing hands of "Go Fish," and a trip to the pool. I love this article by Faheem Younus, an American Muslim reflecting on what makes our country great:

"...our US Constitution sweetens the American psyche towards the principles of equality, life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness championed in the Declaration of Independence.
...
I have made it a habit to make room for my fellow citizens wherever I can. It's only my way to reciprocate to you, America, for you have made room for millions of immigrants like me and provided us the opportunity to live with equality, justice, and freedom.

I still get teary eyed thinking about my homeland; particularly with all the mayhem in the name of religion. But, whenever my plane takes off from the Baltimore-Washington Airport, I look down at the rooftops and my heart says, "That's my home, that's my home."
(Read whole article here.)

...

In post-holiday news, I can't believe that Love You More (finally) releases next month! See Goodreads giveaway offer at right of page to enter to win a copy, hot off the press. To read endorsements and excerpts from the book, visit jennifergrant.com.
Enjoy summer!











No comments: